The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:27 am

Voice From Limbo wrote:And he'd tell you you're doing it wrong.

Especially if I laughed.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:36 am

Does Uschie really have a group? What are the odds of assembling such a humorless bunch of gamers within commuting distance?
Maybe he’s making it all up. Maybe he’s the only one posting. I’d bet that everyone else is saying “Lighten up, Francis”, while he fumes stoically.

Postby WTF » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:43 am

"You don't laugh playing golf or tennis or chess. Why war gaming? If you laughed too much you would never be or be taken seriously as a serious player."

I laugh constantly playing golf in between bouts of vigorous swearing.

Why in God's name would I want to be taken seriously in a hobby ending in the word gaming?

Playing with that fellow has got to be horrifyingly painful.
WTF

Postby Bronshtein » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:24 am

Each to their own.
UshCha claims to be an engineer and they are often differently abled.
Martin R sayshe has been in the same room as one of UshCha's games and people seemed to be injoying it.
Just as many would appear to have a problem playing a game with a 'serious' purpose, there would appear to be a significant number who find enforced jollity a problem too.
'Serious' games can inspire fun albeit a different type than that created by a burlesque approach to gaming.
I don't think UshCha's is the right style for me, but then neither was Otto's whimsical approach to mass slaughter.
Bronshtein

Postby General Paranoia » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:43 am

Bronshtein wrote:Each to their own.
UshCha claims to be an engineer and they are often differently abled.
Martin R sayshe has been in the same room as one of UshCha's games and people seemed to be injoying it.
Just as many would appear to have a problem playing a game with a 'serious' purpose, there would appear to be a significant number who find enforced jollity a problem too.
'Serious' games can inspire fun albeit a different type than that created by a burlesque approach to gaming.
I don't think UshCha's is the right style for me, but then neither was Otto's whimsical approach to mass slaughter.

It's probably more a case that neither should have ever been allowed internet access as it made them appear to be bigger wankers than in person (which is the case with most people, although they turned the dial up to 11)
Editor in Chief Bill wrote:It also 'thins the herd' so to speak, so that marginal and under-financed companies fall off the radar, leaving the better managed companies to dominate the news sphere.
TMP - killing off small companies!
General Paranoia

Postby Bronshtein » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:45 pm

Yeah, probably.
I'd just received a very rapid rejection to a short story I'd submitted so I was feeling rather po faced.
I shall return to judgemental wankery asap.
Bronshtein

Postby heaps of bodies » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Uscha's approach to wargaming is not the problem. I knew two chaps who took DBM extremely seriously. they were having fun, just without smiling or laughing*. However they did not walk around the club, approach people's games and loudly tell them they were doing it wrong.

That's not a problem with the way he wargames - it's to do with him being a prick.

* I once saw them spend half an hour setting out their figures. Player A looked at player B and said 'I cannot see how you can really win this'. Player B looked at the deployment, nodded in agreement, they shook hands and put their stuff away, both very content.

Frankly I would rather play with Uscha then with Otto's enforced whimsy.
heaps of bodies

Postby Australian Dawn » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:39 pm

I've always wondered if people who act "whimsically" on the net actually go on like that in real life.
Whimsy is only tolerable in small doses I think.
Even with games and figs with the whimsy more or less built in, like much steampunk for example, I think the default attitude while playing is usually one of suspension of disbelief and taking the game more or less seriously on it's own terms, as a game that happens to have an unusual setting, not embracing the insanity like a participant in the mad hatter's tea party, (This doesn't mean not joking around and chatting around the table and a bit of silliness, it is for fun after all, just not maintained insanity) I think a maintained whimsical attitude would likely drive me around the bend.
I've always wondered about some of the VSF players who post online, do they keep the act up all game?
All the pip pip and cheerioing would soon give me the pip and have me saying cheerio in favour of the local pub.
To each his own though I guess.
Maybe I'm just getting cranky in my old age!
De gustibus non est disputandum
Australian Dawn

Postby heaps of bodies » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:33 pm

well some do... there is a 'steampunk' couple live near me, they walk around in all the gear 24/7 talking like bad extras from the Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes. They seem happy.
heaps of bodies

Postby Macunaima nli » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:50 pm

I just can’t take Wh40K grimdark seriously, so I whimsy the fuck out of it every chance I get.
Macunaima nli

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot