The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby nonsuchpalace » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:26 pm

Another amazingly detailed figure and wouldn't you know it a shield transfer! Must have been really difficult to paint up!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294396785805?hash=item448b6a748d:g:W2sAAOSwF5FhQQ3C
nonsuchpalace

Postby Picador » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:38 pm

Bones McCoy wrote:We interrupt this handbag-fight to introduce a new feature.

Who said it.
Identify which TMP personality (The term is applied in its most liberal sense) is being a condescending cunt.

Thanks for the replie's. It comes as a surprise to me how few games many of you play and particularly the large variety you play even when you play so irregularly. It must be hell, like being a permanent beginner, never really getting to grips with the system.

It looks difficult given the very limited amount of play some folk have, to make what I would call a useful game. With the time available and the limited time on any one game it seems likely its more social than anything.
Cutting down the rules to fit this sort of slot to make a would take too many compromises.

The command and control aspects requires planning with at least a basic understanding of the rules and the period. Skipping around periods so much is going to make understanding any one difficult. It probably explains why none of the current popular games have zero appeal to me.

We can get something simple running at a convention but that is scripting very limited troops in an overly tight but not very interesting scenario, just an us vs them encounter; Rare in the modern period so lacking any sort of credibility.

I cannot at the moment think how you could make a Manoeuvre Group Lite that would be so simple as to be true to its roots.

Thanks for such an enlightening set of reply's.

In reality the game is only about 50 pages. The other 50 or so are engineering which most modern games seem to ignore anyway.

If you hadn't provided the name of the rules wot 'e wrote I'd never have guessed it was UshCha. :D
Carry on Tango, you're doing a fine job of fucking up TNP. Bravo!
Picador

Postby Rossco » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:41 pm

I'm too slow in posting. :(
I also thought it was written by Ushcha. :loopy:
I Froth because I care about miniatures.
Rossco

Postby Picador » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:51 pm

Although the usual shite spelling and grammar was also a clue ;)

It probably explains why none of the current popular games have zero appeal to me.

Lovely double negative there.
Picador

Postby Voice From Limbo » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:16 pm

So, at least some of the games have a non-zero level of appeal?

50 pages of rules for engineers? I'm I reading that right?
Voice From Limbo

Postby frotherPest » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:37 pm

I think he is an obnoxious ass and in the wrong hobby, but I do sympathize with him as someone who has an interest in something and can’t find kindred souls.
Nobody ever reads the fine print.
frotherPest

Postby Bronshtein » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:50 pm

I don't have a problem with Uschie and his desire for a particular type of accuracy in gaming (I suspect he's going about it the wrong way but there are many roads to God). I found this comment slightly unnerving however, given his comments on forest tracks, woodland and his surprise about the existence of undergrowth:

I do watch videos but mainly on walking and camping and the best of them is really about stunning views of places I may never visit. But some of the issue is thate Wargames is Dumming down, as far as I can see there is no no equivalent of the Wargames Research Group and much of the Wargames discussion not devoted to figures or terrain (of little/no interest to me)is on mechanisms, and then with scant/no reference as to how they better sere the accuracy of the model.

Let's accept he has spelling and grammar issues (and an unwarranted belief in the accuracy of WRG), but how can he claim to be watching videos on walking and camping (and presumably doing it too?) and not notice that his conception of real life terrain is complete bollocks?
Bronshtein

Postby Hew Johns » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:57 pm

HEY MCKINSTRY! much as I hate adding any traffic to TMP, someone ought to point out that careful reading of USAFpilot's latest link shows absolutely no evidence that any nurse refused the vaccine.
C.P.C.B.
Hew Johns

Postby Voice From Limbo » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:35 pm

He's in the Dawghouse. For "politics". Seriously? You're kidding.

And ooh -- look who's in there with him!

http://theminiaturespage.com/member/pro ... Legion%204

Which means Bill -- or somebody -- went to the effort of untangling his pretzel-like prose, etc., etc.
Voice From Limbo

Postby Picador » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:00 pm

Voice From Limbo wrote:So, at least some of the games have a non-zero level of appeal?

They're both affirmative negatives, 'zero', none', which means all of the current games (whatever the fuck they are) have appeal for him. :)

Tomorrow, your uncle, Jack, and his horse...

50 pages of rules for engineers? I'm I reading that right?

I assume 50 pages of rules, beside the main corpus, that cover field and combat engineering. With Uschi who the fuck knows.

Challenger 2000 was obviously too simpleminded for him.

Another Uschi

Try not to confuse the two. One has massive tits, the other is a massive tit. 0;)
Picador

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot