Coronavirus

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: Coronavirus

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:33 pm

New outbreak of Wuhan Virus in Beijing and now the BS peddlers are claiming it's a result of salmon imported from Europe and North America. :roll:
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:20 pm

“The Karens Are Giving Us a Hard Time Now”: A waiter at a reopened restaurant explains how dining works in a pandemic.
In the beginning [when we reopened for dine-in], people just trickled in and they weren’t quite sure. We have quite a large elderly crowd and we’re starting to get some of those people back. For the most part, they just wear a mask. Our reservations have been crazy busy. Everybody wants to call ahead and make sure that they’re going to be able to get a table, because we have limited seating. The thing that gets me is that everybody was so grateful when we were doing takeout and we were essential employees working in a pandemic. Those same people, the Karens, are the ones giving us a hard time now that we’re open for dining again.

There’s two classifications of customers. There’s the crazy people who come in wearing hazmat suits with the alcohol spray to spray everything down. They’re really like out-there—they probably shouldn’t be out in public. And then you have the people who are understanding and have their little masks and stuff, but they’re not crazy.

There was this one Karen who went out to eat with her two friends and she immediately wanted the manager. But she made a point to say, “Not until after we’re done eating.” It was just crazy to me cause she was like, “You guys reuse this [silverware]. This is so unsanitary. I need to speak to the manager.” She was mad about the chopsticks, which are made of hard plastic. She wanted the plastic forks and spoons and knives, and she made a whole big thing about it, which, again, isn’t a big deal. But she’s eating off the plates, drinking out of the glasses, sitting in the booth where multiple people have sat all night. To me, the logic is kind of ridiculous. You can always tell when someone comes in thinking, “I am going to get something free from you.”

[Customers like this] have definitely evolved because of the pandemic. The thing that’s changed on our end for the pandemic is that normally it’s “The guest is always right.” Whatever they want, we’re going to jump through hoops. But now, I’m allowed to tell them “no.” “No you can’t sit at that booth because we’re practicing social distancing.” You know how the Karens are: “I want it my way and I’m entitled.” I’m like, “I’m sorry, but you know, our restaurant will get by.” We only seat tables of up to six people. If it’s more than six, they’re going to have to social distance (at different tables) or sit on the patio where it’s really hot. People have been throwing a huge fit about that. They want to push two tables together. You can’t because you’re putting people around you at risk. And I don’t think these people are used to hearing “no” from us.
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:40 pm

Two things, Condi.

Condottiero wrote:New outbreak of Wuhan Virus...

Firstly, why do you insist on calling it the 'Wuhan virus' when the accepted name is Covid 19?
It has been mentioned many times that calling it the Wuhan virus puts blame on a single nation (and it may well have originated there) and encourages arse holes to blame a whole nation and anyone looking like them.
You're keeping that racism alive by using that term.

Condottiero wrote:The Karens...

This seems to have become your latest favourite slur.
Again, it has negative connotations and seems like it's most popular with misogynistic twats.
Are you allying yourself with them as well?

You like to use prejudiced slurs, don't you.
Why is that?

Postby Picador » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:48 pm

Guest wrote:Two things, Condi.

Firstly, why do you insist on calling it the 'Wuhan virus' when the accepted name is Covid 19?
It has been mentioned many times that calling it the Wuhan virus puts blame on a single nation (and it may well have originated there) and encourages arse holes to blame a whole nation and anyone looking like them.

He's just following the Orange Moron-in-Chief. :roll:
Stone Mountain's OK with IP theft, so Bill deleted his thread to protect him from looking a cunt.

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg ... ?id=521602
Picador

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:27 pm

Condottiero wrote:The Karens...

This seems to have become your latest favourite slur.
Again, it has negative connotations and seems like it's most popular with misogynistic twats.
Are you allying yourself with them as well?

You like to use prejudiced slurs, don't you.
Why is that?

LIOFO cowardly cunt....

1) Wuhan Virus is what it was referred to originally, until the CCP started started changing the narrative. I couldn't care less if some Orange Karen decides to abuse it for his own twisted reasons. If Covid 19 had occurred in Xianjing or further west, the CCP wouldn't blink an eye at calling it the Uighur Virus or Tarim Virus. The narrative now is that it's caused by foreigners, especially Africans. :shock:

https://qz.com/1820422/coronavirus-why- ... ars-cov-2/

The WHO writes on its website that it steers clear of SARS-CoV-2 because “using the name SARS can have unintended consequences in terms of creating unnecessary fear for some populations, especially in Asia which was worst affected by the SARS outbreak in 2003.” At a press briefing on Feb. 13 (pdf), WHO executive director Michael Ryan noted that SARS-CoV-2 is a technical term for virologists in labs, while Covid-19 is a term for the average person. “We’re trying to relate the virus to the world, the experience that people have with the virus… so I don’t think there’s any inconsistency,” he said.

2) It's exactly what a Karen would say or should I say Mac? :roll:

The ‘Karen’ memes and jokes aren’t sexist or racist. Let a Karen explain.
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:28 pm

Picador wrote:

He's just following the Orange Moron-in-Chief. :roll:

Must be nice living in a binary world... :roll:
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby Hermit » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:32 pm

Now Johnson's Dad is taking the piss as well :roll:
Hermit

Postby Il Segaiolo Pedantesco » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:19 am

Hermit wrote:Now Johnson's Dad is taking the piss as well :roll:

Boris does have two decent siblings, I guess...

At least your pubs are open again. :|
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

- Alphonse Karr
Il Segaiolo Pedantesco

Postby HongKongPhooey » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:59 pm

Bolsanoro has caught Covid. There is some justice.
HongKongPhooey

Postby Voice From Limbo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:25 pm

Now he can find out for himself if it's really just "a little flu".
Voice From Limbo

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot