State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Adam Smiths left Nut » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:47 am

https://papersplease.org/wp/2018/01/05/ ... c-devices/

If traveling to or from the US get a burner phone and buy a second hand laptop, keep none of your personal information on it and make the password "Only a fascist would make a citizen reveal their password"
Adam Smiths left Nut

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:54 am

Adam Smiths left Nut wrote:https://papersplease.org/wp/2018/01/05/new-dhs-policy-on-demands-for-passwords-to-travelers-electronic-devices/

If traveling to or from the US get a burner phone and buy a second hand laptop, keep none of your personal information on it and make the password "Only a fascist would make a citizen reveal their password"

You know, I travel internationally at least a couple of times a year.

Entering the US is VERY VERY much like entering a prison compared to entering other countries. VERY intrusive searches, questions about affiliations, armed guards everywhere.

And just like in prison, you can easily get access to some top grade pharmaceuticals and narcotics within about 1 hour of arriving. When I was there a few months ago and enjoying some "chemistry" with friends (within about 4 hours of arrival), they assured me they could get illegal firearms that day!

Postby Drjackson » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:03 am

Guest wrote:
Adam Smiths left Nut wrote:https://papersplease.org/wp/2018/01/05/new-dhs-policy-on-demands-for-passwords-to-travelers-electronic-devices/

Entering the US is VERY VERY much like entering a prison compared to entering other countries. VERY intrusive searches, questions about affiliations, armed guards everywhere.

And just like in prison, you can easily get access to some top grade pharmaceuticals and narcotics within about 1 hour of arriving. When I was there a few months ago and enjoying some "chemistry" with friends (within about 4 hours of arrival), they assured me they could get illegal firearms that day!

Yep.
"Your assumption is that TMP's fortunes are down because of something I'm doing (or not doing). Again, that's your opinion, but there's no evidence for that."
- Editor in Chief Bill
Drjackson

Postby Etranger2 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:50 am

That hasn't been my experience at all. Australian 'Border Force' OTOH are like rottweilers.
Etranger2

Postby Caldera Cal » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:33 pm

Hey,G(T)A, Generally (Trump's) Apologist, Where would I find that famous quote from Obama in the Oval Office where he says in frustration," I'm gonna get me a shogun and shoot every "Whitie" I see". I'm sure you remember that right....Your archival mind and all.....
Caldera Cal

Postby Caldera Cal » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:35 pm

.....add ? where appropriate.....
Caldera Cal

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Haitians are protesting in New York. Of course they are.
I have one question for them.
If Haiti isn’t a shit hole, why are you here and not there?
Ditto Somalis etc.
Norwegians are happy where they are.

Postby Le Guest » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:08 pm

Plenty of Americans here in Paris. If the US isn't a shithole why are they here and not there?
Le Guest

Postby McGuest » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:17 pm

Le Guest wrote:

Plenty of Americans here in Paris. If the US isn't a shithole why are they here and not there?

They're probably bewildered that American isn't universally spoken, and are desperately trying to decipher restaurant menus before they starve to death.

Thank fuck for le McDonalds that are scattered around la belle citie. :)
McGuest

Postby Condottiero » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:32 pm

Guest wrote:

Hey Bill, did you ever bother to think why that is? How about checking your privilege at the door?

It's due to there being no way of tracking someone once they've passed passport control. Unlike in European countries, such as in France, US law enforcement won't ask random people on the street for their papers - it's why laws Arizona's SB 1070 is controversial. Where have you been traveling to? Until recently, guards at European airports weren't that visible, but if going to Istanbul, I remember armed guards everywhere in the 80s and 90s. Atatürk Airport to Heathrow, received the usual grilling, but not as much when the point of departure was from the Americas, when I had to deal with arseholes more than once.
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Condottiero

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot