kyotebue2 wrote:Franken resigned.
Sen. Al Franken Says He 'Crossed The Line' But Won't Resign
Embattled Rep. John Conyers "sure as hell" will not be pressured into resigning, a lawyer for the 88-year-old Michigan congressman vowed Thursday, just an hour after House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said he should step down amid sexual harassment allegations.
"Pelosi did not elect the congressman and she sure as hell will not pressure him to leave," Conyers' attorney Arnold Reed said.
If the leadership in the House and Senate really were serious, they wouldn't be holding mandatory sexual harassment training. They would:
1. End the taxpayer funded hush money fund.
2. I.D. everyone who has availed themselves of it to quiet accusers.
3. Put some teeth in the ethics investigations, which typically take months and do squat in terms of accountability.
4. Return funding from identified predators such as Weinstein (not just re-direct it).
5. With even broader implications, change the rules that exempts congress from laws that apply to everyone else.
But, they aren't serious. And don't call them Shirley.