State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: State of the Union - pre/post election & whatever...

Postby Adam Smiths Left Nut » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:45 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/21/politics/ ... index.html

"The core of my first budget blueprint is the rebuilding of our nation's military without adding to our federal deficit,"

The day a budget is passed that does not add to our deficit, is the day I will become a Muslim AND a Catholic at the same time.
Adam Smiths Left Nut

Postby General Apathy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:34 pm

You fool! You've triggered General Ass Patty's "I'm not saying it's not human caused, but lookit all these Fox news and pseudo science sites!"

Once again, Timmy the loon is spouting unfounded nonsense. You'd think by now he'd be able to make up something more convincing. But then again, we're talking about the owner of a cottage industry that prides itself on "the best unsupportable claims money can buy about someone against whom I have an unreasonable level of personal animus, not actually supported by facts"

Haven't triggered anything aside from another dismissal of the Canadian sewer shit you are shoveling.
...all this from someone who is neither apathetic nor a general
General Apathy

Postby Adam Smiths Left Nut » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Apathy - I'm actually curious on your thoughts about Assange and arresting him.
Adam Smiths Left Nut

Postby McKinstry » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:10 pm

What about Rush Limbaugh?

My bad. I forgot that fat pile of flatulence was still around.

Isn't his oxycodone addiction about due to dump a little bleach in the gene pool?
McKinstry

Postby Moon whistleblower » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:15 pm

Apathy is your standard right winger. As such, his views on wanting folks arrested just for doing a public good are about as useful as a vagina at Bill's house.
Moon whistleblower

Postby McKinstry » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Wasn't Trump quoted as saying "Thank God for Wikileaks" just a few months ago? Is Jeffy "Beauregard" Sessions, miniature elf and scourge of brown folks everywhere, failing to heed his masters voice?
McKinstry

Postby Adam Smiths Left Nut » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:18 pm

I think Apathy can speak for himself.
Adam Smiths Left Nut

Postby Condottiero » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:20 pm

McKinstry wrote:
What about Rush Limbaugh?

My bad. I forgot that fat pile of flatulence was still around.

Isn't his oxycodone addiction about due to dump a little bleach in the gene pool?

Here’s why Rush survived pressure on advertisers while O’Reilly didn’t...

From a conservative site, so exercise caution, especially with the comments, but explains why Rush won't go the way of Bill...
*SVM MALLEVS CVNNORVM*

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
- Alphonse Karr
Condottiero

Postby Derek H » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:20 pm

Adam Smiths Left Nut wrote:I think Apathy can speak for himself.

At great length.
Pimping my blog at http://dereksweetoys.com/
Derek H

Postby General Apathy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:45 pm

Adam Smiths Left Nut wrote:Apathy - I'm actually curious on your thoughts about Assange and arresting him.

Interesting topic. Though not recently mentioned, I seem to recall Assange stating that he had people and stashes of information such that if anything happened to him, everything would come out. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Will those folks be willing to pull the trigger if they perceive that if they do, they too will be tracked down and prosecuted? Are they "true believers" willing to fall on their swords in order to ensure the info gets out? I don't think anyone knows other than Assange. I think that may be the only card he holds.

I suspect it will never go to trial, but be handled with a plea deal. I think there is more concern about what he still has and the powers that be are more concerned about it getting out than they are about prosecuting him because he broke the law.

I also don't think he is interested in providing information to the world because it is the right thing to do. I think it is a power trip for him to take on the USA. How much scandalous material do you think is available from other nations? I think it is reasonable to think that even if it isn't military / war related, there is a lot of juicy stuff they could have on other major nations - EU, Russia, China, Iran, Venezuela, Brazil, Japan, Korea, etc. not to mention international organizations like the UN, IMF and such, machinations of power brokers like Soros, political and funding inter-connectivity among political groups, protest organizations, media, funding, etc. and the amount of overlap. Hollywood? Wall Street and the equivalent overseas? Yet what has been released on any of that? Crime? Want to bet there are emails that connect WJC and others to what is alleged to happen on that "Pleasure Island?" You think any of that supposedly large group of high profile group might be desperate enough to call someone who knows someone who knows someone to try to keep it from coming out?

There have been conspiracy theorists who have said that they are convinced that he'll meet an unfortunate accident - like the ones that Putin's opponents seem to keep having. I don't think the US government would do such a thing because of the "doomsday device" threat of what he may still have and folks he controls. Could it happen from either other nations, groups, organizations or individuals? Depends on what he might hold and who is concerned about it.

I think there is a great deal of interest in getting him arrested. They may suspect but don't know how much of what he may still have. They may be specifically concerned about some things that are either a clear and present danger to national security, or may be of importance beyond what is apparent without the ability to weave pieces together. They are clearly concerned about getting their arms around how extensive the problems are, stopping future releases, identifying what sensitive materials may already be compromised even if not released, and identifying both sources and leakers.

Lots of folks would scream like stuck pigs, but if in fact Assange does hold that one card I referenced above in his hand, I think it is quite possibly playable in exchange for a "get out of jail free" card.
...all this from someone who is neither apathetic nor a general
General Apathy

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot