The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Here you can discuss anything froth related that does not fit into another forum, or indeed any nonsense that should enter your head.

Moderator: FU!UK Committee

Re: The Sad Cunts with No Life Thread

Postby rebelyell2006 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:49 am

Tomkinson wrote:When I was 16 I had my Dad's national service RAF peaked cap from the 50's. I had the good sense to never wear it luckily or I would undoubtedly have had the shit kicked out of me walking through Nottingham's market square on a Friday night.

You're going to have to explain this one for me, since Americans typically are not familiar with post-war British culture and society.
rebelyell2006

Postby Altius » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:43 am

rebelyell2006 wrote:
Tomkinson wrote:When I was 16 I had my Dad's national service RAF peaked cap from the 50's. I had the good sense to never wear it luckily or I would undoubtedly have had the shit kicked out of me walking through Nottingham's market square on a Friday night.

You're going to have to explain this one for me, since Americans typically are not familiar with post-war British culture and society.

Seems pretty clear to me, even without a cultural translation. Any 16-year old kid walking around with a peaked cap is liable to get an ass-kicking.

I used to wear my dad's old fatigue jacket when I was in high school, but that was a fairly common look back then. Not very stylish-looking, however.
Where there is fire, we will carry gasoline
Altius

Postby JJCH splainin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:58 am

rebelyell2006 wrote:

I think our faithful correspondent is suggesting that the Nottingham of yore, or parts thereof was not exactly akin to a summer's afternoon at Henley or a tea party at Buck Palace and that some of the local yoof were a little roughly mannered. You probably have similar locales in the Estados Unidos.
JJCH splainin

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:14 am

Sir! Sir! Tango said a naughty word sir!

http://theminiaturespage.com/dawghouse.mv
http://theminiaturespage.com/member/profile.mv?id=Tango01

Profanity, ha! :twisted:

That'll teach the dozy cunt to quote endless chunks of text without reading 'em. Or not.

:lol:

Postby kyotebue2 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:36 am

I wore my Dad's Navy Pea Coat in high school but that was in 1971-3
kyotebue2

Postby Drjackson » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:53 am

Guest wrote:Sir! Sir! Tango said a naughty word sir!

http://theminiaturespage.com/dawghouse.mv
http://theminiaturespage.com/member/profile.mv?id=Tango01

Profanity, ha! :twisted:

That'll teach the dozy cunt to quote endless chunks of text without reading 'em. Or not.

:lol:

Its a bit quiet for Bill so he needs some more "Let Tango out" threads to get the crowd in. Once he has their attention expect the next "injuryhardship"
"I sorted out the team formation last night lying in bed with the wife. When your husband's as ugly as me, you'd only want to talk football in bed"
-Harry Rednapp.
Drjackson

Postby frotherPest » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:50 am

Now you get DH'd for "sports outside the sports board."
Nobody ever reads the fine print.
frotherPest

Postby MartinR » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:12 am

Ditto Tango 2 3 wrote:
MartinR wrote:
gweirda wrote:Hang on - aren't the English (other than the ones that are German) French?

Umm, I don't think so. We are Danes/Vikings, Saxons and Celts. Some effete and degenerate members of the ruling class descended from William the Bastards band of merry mercenaries might have thought of themselves as French (although the Normans were also Vikings).

Our monarchs have generally been imported from abroad, France, Scotland, the Netherlands, Germany..

My understanding is that the Normans had a huge effect on the English language. Hard to imagine NONE of that influence came from pillow talk. :)

That is absolutely true, half our language is French. Albeit based on the pov of the ruling class, not much beouf for the peasants.
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
MartinR

Postby MartinR » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:21 am

kyotebue2 wrote:I wore my Dad's Navy Pea Coat in high school but that was in 1971-3

I obviously missed out on the earlier reminiscences, but I also used to wear my Dad's old greatcoat. His ammo boots used to fit me too. Proper 70s boot boy.

He in turn, had a wonderful ex RN duffle which he used to wear on his motorcycle.
"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke
MartinR

Postby JJCH ahem » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:49 am

frotherPest wrote:Now you get DH'd for "sports outside the sports board."

Yes but only for discussing 'water sports'. They are only to be discussed on TMP talk or in private PMs with the Editor.
JJCH ahem

PreviousNext

Return to The Froth Pot